Last Updated on
Hate waiting in line every morning to order your coffee? The average trip to the coffee shop can take up to ten minutes during busy times. That does not even count the amount of time you spend battling traffic to get to your favorite coffee shop!
What if you could have the coffee shop experience without having to go to the cafe? With the Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker that dream can become your reality. This incredible coffee maker is part espresso machine, part miracle worker to make your mornings go even smoother.
Not only does the Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker work with Nespresso’s delicious Nespresso capsules choices, but it even connects to your phone, so you can place your order before getting out of bed.
Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker Features
The Nespresso Prodigio packs with features you will love. As a top-of-the-line instant espresso machine, this little appliance packs quite the punch!
- Easy to use – Nespresso machines are easy to use. That is one of the best features of their line of intuitive coffee machines. From simple button operation to capsule selection, everything you need is at your fingertips. Go ahead, ditch the manual. Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker will guide you through the process.
- Sliding pod holder – To insert a pod for brewing, just slide it into the slot and the Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker will do the rest. Press your button and watch as the little capsule transforms to a delicious cup of coffee right before your eyes!
- Three drink sizes to choose from – Whether you want a little coffee or a lot, the Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker has got you covered. There are three sizes: Ristretto, Espresso, and Lungo to offer the perfect pick me up all day long. Ristretto is a unique size to the Prodigio and allows you to pull a single serving of espresso so that you can enjoy a quick, flavorful shot without being overwhelmed by its punch.
- 19-bar pressure pump – Get that coffee shop experience with perfectly pulled shots from the 19-bar pressure pump. The Prodigio delivers shot after excellent shot with remarkable consistency and flavor. Plus the pressure release is entirely automated so the Prodigio extracts your perfect espresso without you having to figure out the details of pressure as you might on a standard espresso machine.
- 25-second heat up – In less time that it takes you to grab a bowl of cereal, your Prodigio heats up and is ready to go. No need to stand around waiting for water to heat or a drip coffee maker to do its thing. Once the 25 second period has passed, you can brew yourself some hot, delicious coffee.
- Compact design – The Prodigio is not a large countertop appliance. With a small footprint that is less than a square foot in size, it fits well into even tiny kitchens. Even if you are used to the added oomph of a professional espresso machine, there’s no way any model could beat the Prodigio in size!
- Rotating water tank – A rotating water tank helps the Prodigio fit into your kitchen. Whether you are storing it under a cabinet or in the corner, position the tank to a place you can easily reach. This rotation makes the filling and cleaning a breeze.
- Pod storage reservoir – Inside the Prodigio is a handy used capsules storage reservoir. This container holds up to 19 used capsules. If you enjoy a cup a day, the reservoir will hold over two weeks’ worth of old pods! With the swift and automated capsule ejection process, it makes using the Prodigio even easier since you do not need to empty old capsules every time you brew.
- Bluetooth connectivity – The Prodigio is Nespresso’s first smart coffee maker. It connects to your smartphone via an app and Bluetooth. Download the app for iPhone or on the Google Play Store to get started with brewing coffee from across the house. Multiple users can connect to the Prodigio to make coffee from any app-enabled device in the house or office.
- Intelligent auto brewing – With smart sensors and onboard storage, the Prodigio remembers your coffee the way that you like it. Simply put your pod in and position your cup. It will handle the rest. The Prodigio remembers your coffee size to give you the right amount without having to select it each time.
- Nespresso capsules – With astounding variety, the Nespresso capsules have a little something for everyone. Choose your favorites among medium-roast Livanto or the light Capriccio to the fruity Volluto and the very mild Cosi.
- Instant options – The Prodigio comes with 16 included Nespresso pods for your enjoyment. Try a variety of flavors and decide your favorites, or enjoy sipping something different every morning.
- Easy reordering – The Nespresso Club can be accessed right from your smartphone app. This makes reordering your capsules a breeze. Simply get in touch with the Club to order more pods, day or night.
- Foldable drip tray – A foldable drip tray makes it easy to put any cup underneath the coffee spout. Simply fold it away to accommodate your travel mug or leave it in place for a standard one.
Why Choose the Prodigio?
Sure, there are other espresso machines on the market. However, the Prodigio is unique for its wireless connectivity, and it is the first Nespresso machine to offer this feature.
From the ease of wireless connectivity to ease of automatic use, this machine is a clear step up from the time-intensive coffee shop experience. Why pay a barista to do what your Prodigio can in a fraction of the time?
Superior coffee and a host of choices make this machine a great option for even the pickiest of coffee connoisseurs. You can choose your flavors, pick among three sizes, and have the machine start brewing when you want fresh coffee. You can even control this machine remotely with a smartphone app. These are winning features due to the convenience!
One thing that the Nespresso prides itself on is great customer service. If there are any problems, you can contact customer service 24/7 for technical support. Considering the wireless connectivity and high-tech features, tech support can help you optimize your machine for your lifestyle.
If your machine breaks down, Nespresso sends you a new one provided it is during the warranty period. The company gives you a loaner machine until qualified technicians complete the repairs.
Milk Frother Addition
If you want a milk frothing option, you can add on the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother. You get a slight discount if you purchase both the brewer and milk frother together, the Nespresso Prodigio&Milk Espresso Maker.
There are, of course, other third party milk frothers that can accomplish the same task as the Aeroccino.
What It Is Lacking
The Prodigio has many great features. However, there are some places that it could only use some improvement.
For starters, the Nespresso capsules, though undeniably convenient, are quite pricey and will put you back quite a few dollars a day if you drink a lot of coffee or have multiple family members using the machine.
Then there is the environmental impact of so many capsules to consider. While they are technically made from recyclable aluminum, remembering to separate them from the regular trash may not be the easiest thing to remember. There are third party options for reusable pods, but they do not quite measure up.
Additionally, the Prodigio does not offer an option for frothing milk. While you can purchase the Aeroccino separately, this is a pricey addition and adds another step. Moreover, the Aeroccino does not connect to the app via Bluetooth, so it adds a manual component to your automatic coffee process.
Some users complain about the Bluetooth connectivity not working as well as advertised. Depending on your phone, this may be an issue. Wireless internet may interfere with the connectivity, but tech support can help you work out any issues. Overall, the Prodigio’s Bluetooth feature could have been thought out a bit better.
Since the Prodigio is the first connected coffee maker in the Nespresso line to hit the market, it is understandable that there are some Bluetooth glitches to work out. You will probably be able to use and enjoy it just fine, however, as with any new tech, the first version is usually a bit buggy. If you are concerned about connectivity issues being a problem for you, you can always hold out until an updated version is released.
You will love the Nespresso Prodigio Espresso Maker for the innovative new technology it is bringing to home espresso brewing. From coffee flavor varieties to the Bluetooth connectivity, this is the coffee machine for people who need coffee and need it now.
Whether you are running out the door for work every morning or enjoy savoring your afternoon coffee on the back porch, the Prodigio is an ideal espresso maker for your home. You can choose your size and use the machine intel to remember your pick for next time. Best of all, you can skip the coffee line and enjoy your home-brewed espresso every day of the week.