Last Updated on
Your search for the perfect at-home coffee shop experience ends with the Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker. This powerful home coffee machine combines the delicious flavor of artisan-crafted Nespresso pods with iconic metal builds to bring you the coffee bar experience without paying a barista.
From two names you already trust for top-notch kitchen appliances, the Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker delivers quality coffee at the touch of a button. If you’re looking for an exceptional home espresso machine, this unit just might be the perfect fit.
Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker Features
With a host of features, you’ll soon wonder how you lived without, the Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker changes the way you see your morning cup of coffee.
- 19-bar pressure pump – Good espresso comes from impeccable pressure. Too much, and the shot is over-extracted and harsh. Not enough, and the shot is under-extracted and weak. The Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker provides the happy balance with a 19-bar pressure pump that gives you well-extracted shots every time.
- Attractive retro design – The whimsical retro design of this espresso maker is at home in any kitchen setup. With its rounded top and edges and chrome details, this model fits in with your KitchenAid mixer and other appliances.
- Multiple color choices – The Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker comes in a variety of color options so you can coordinate it with your kitchen design or existing appliances. There’s sure to be a color option for everyone, choose yours.
- All metal construction – An all-metal, diecast construction makes this machine an instant classic as soon as you take it out of the box. It’s easy to clean and durable for cup after cup of delicious coffee.
- 1.3-liter water storage – Store enough water to make multiple rounds of coffee without having to fill up. The large-sized, 1.3-liter water storage container keeps you brewing through many capsules without having to think twice about your water supply.
- Removable water tank – When it does come time to fill your water tank, it detaches from the unit for filling. No more trying to bring water to your coffee pot and risk splashing it all over the counter. Just fill and replace for fresh coffee when you want it.
- See-through tank design – Don’t know when you need to refill? A handy see-through tank design lets you see into your water tank to gauge when you need to add more. Measurement markers along the side give an accurate read, so you know how much water remains in the tank.
- Push-button service – When you’re ready to brew, just press the button and let the machine get to work. No worrying about messing with coffee grounds or measuring out the water.
- Sliding cup holder – A sliding cup holder lets you customize your platform height to allow whatever coffee mug you want to use. Whether you want to fill a shot glass with a single espresso shot or need to fill your trusty favorite mug to the brim, you can adjust the platform height to the level you need to minimize drips and splatters when brewing.
- Removable drip tray – A removable lower drip tray accommodates your larger coffee mugs. No more tilting your favorite travel mug to fill it up. Remove the drip tray, place your mug and fill it up in a few quick seconds.
- Three cup sizes – The Nespresso by KitchenAid offers three cup sizes to help you find your new favorites. Whether you’ve got a craving for some strong espresso or want to sip coffee through your morning routine, you can choose how much you want. Sizes include a ristretto, standard espresso, or lungo.
- Six pre-programmed setting – Calibrate the machine to suit your cup and your drink making intentions. If you want to pull shots for a latte or need to leave enough room in your cup for cream, dial the brew strength selector and let the machine take care of the rest.
- LED indicator – An intuitive LED indicator puts you in control of your brewing experience. Choose options for cup size and calibration through an easy selection. No need to worry with complicated instructions for getting the coffee you want.
- Heats quickly – The Nespresso by KitchenAid heats in an under 30 seconds to deliver your hot coffee as soon as you need it. In the time it takes to grab your mug, coffee capsule, and cream, this espresso maker is ready to go.
- Compatible with Nespresso capsules system – Whether you’ve been a fan of Nespresso coffee for years or are new to the system, this coffee maker is the perfect way to expand your collection or embark on a new adventure. This model is compatible with the Nespresso capsule system. The Nespresso by KitchenAid will take your coffee experience to new heights with fresh flavors and delicious Nespresso capsule blends.
- Easy pod loading – Loading Nespresso pods into this espresso maker is as simple as you could imagine. Insert the coffee pod in, close the unit and let the machine take care of all the details.
- Internal pod storage receptacle – Once you’re done with a pod, the Nespresso by KitchenAid stores it out of sight in its internal pod storage container. It holds up to 14 used pods so you can go a little while without worrying about cleaning it out. No more trying to balance a hot, used pod to the trash can.
- Automatic shut off – Do you wonder whether you remembered to turn off the coffee maker? The Nespresso by KitchenAid eliminates this worry with its automatic power-off mode.
What makes the Nespresso by KitchenAid different?
The Nespresso by KitchenAid is unique from other coffee makers because it combines some of the best features of two popular kitchen brands. From the KitchenAid aesthetic to the Nespresso capsule system, you get the best of both worlds when you choose this machine.
No other espresso maker will match your Nespresso by KitchenAid appliances quite as well as this one will. Likewise, the integration of Nespresso’s proprietary capsule system brings you ease of use that you’ve come to know and love from both brands.
The Nespresso capsule system allows you to broaden your coffee horizons by trying new blends from growing regions around the world. The best part is that you don’t need to worry about messing around with coffee grounds and filters to get the brew you desire. Simple load and go.
Room for improvement
- No onboard milk frothing – One of the best features of having an at-home espresso maker is being able to make your coffee shop favorites at home. However, the Nespresso by KitchenAid does not come with a milk frother, making it a disappointment in this area.
A separate Aeroccino milk frother from Nespresso is available for purchase, but that does drive up the investment in your home espresso system. This unit doesn’t attach to the KitchenAid unit, meaning that you’ll need to store both appliances separately.
The Nespresso Aeroccino comes in three options—Aeroccino3, Aeroccino4 and Aeroccino Plus.
- Locked into Nespresso capsules – The Nespresso Grands Cru capsules can get pricey over time, though they are still cheaper than going to a coffee shop, which makes the investment worthwhile in many consumers’ eyes. They’re also not environmentally friendly because you have to throw away each one, which contributes to your personal waste footprint.
- No water level sensor – Some users report frustration with the lack of water sensor to keep track of how much water is in the tank. While the see-through design allows you to notice this on your own, it can be difficult to gauge exactly how much water you need per cup. If it empties without your noticing, you risk losing a capsule by having to end the cycle mid-process due to an empty tank.
This Nespresso by KitchenAid Espresso Maker is for any coffee lover who wants to bring the fresh espresso experience straight to their home. This unit is handy because it blends in with appliances that many home cooks already have in their kitchens.
Its compatibility with Nespresso capsules and the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frothing system gives you plenty of variety when working with coffee drinks. Overall, this machine is a great investment for coffee lovers who don’t want to invest in an expensive manual espresso machine just yet.